Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lots of Chocolate for Me to Eat

A few months ago, I had one of those "I'm cute" moments.  I was working on something in the kitchen, cleaning off the table or something and I had words to a certain song going through my head.  The song was "Just you wait, 'Enry 'iggins," from My Fair Lady.  In it, Eliza is singing about how the king will proclaim the 20th of May to be Eliza Doolittle Day.  While the words were going through my mind, it all of a sudden struck me that on the calendar Eliza Doolittle Day is May 20th.  Yep, it took me how many years of having that on the calendar to make the connection?  That's why May 20th is Eliza Doolittle Day.  Because of the song.  Yeah, I'm cute.
So for the first time, we actually celebrated Eliza Doolittle Day.  Everybody was going around singing, "lots of chocolate for me to eat."  Since Jeremy, Lucky, Jr. Jr., and I were out running errands today, we stopped at the store and picked up some bulk chocolates and chocolate covered treats.  We didn't go overboard, but we got enough to qualify as "lots of chocolate for me to eat."
So the kids and I ate some chocolate this evening while watching part of My Fair Lady.
 I love finding reasons to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment