Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day

May 1st, May Day.  When I think of May Day, I think of flowers.  When I was little, my brothers and I used to pick flowers on the way home from school on May Day to give to our mom.
This year, Jeremy had another sculpture to take to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point, so he, Jr. Jr., Lucky and I took a little stroll among the tulips again.  This is the last weekend of the Tulip Festival.  Jeremy built a tulip princess since there is going to be a Tulip Princess Promenade on Saturday.
Later in the day, while the older kids were working on homework, I told Jr. Jr. he could draw a flower picture for his mom for May Day.  He did and even added stickers.  He's so cute.
So this May Day had flowers.  Some year I'd like to do a May Pole with the kids.  I think that would be fun.  We just ran out of time to get materials for it this year.
But I got a picture drawn by my sweet little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment