Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Pizza and Homemade Bread

Saturday, November 12, was Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day. I had such plans. We love doing homemade pizza and thought it would be fun to have a variety, including pizzas with more than one style of toppings on each. Here's what we managed before the bottom heating element of our oven went out:


Pizza #1 All red sauce, half pepperoni and olive, half ham and pineapple, all mozzarella cheese
Pizza #2 All alfredo sauce, one quarter meatball, one quarter meatball and red pepper, one quarter chicken and ham, one quarter chicken and ham and red pepper, all mozzarella cheese and maybe some parmesan cheese.

It was taking so long to bake the second pizza and we had just had taco pizza a few days before, that I decided two pizzas was the limit that night. I finally realized that the reason the second was taking so long was that the bottom heating element was broken.

Let's hope it gets fixed by Thanksgiving. We'd love turkey and pumpkin pie.

Today, November 17, is Homemade Bread Day. Did I mention our oven's broken? Kind of hard to make homemade bread with a broken oven. Oh well. I'll just show you what we did a couple week's ago. Jr. and I made a cream cheese braid. Yumm. And Jr. did most of the braiding. Nice for a 4 year old isn't it? We used the Pantry Secrets dough that I like making.


The recipe is also from Pantry Secrets. The filling was cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla with some strawberry jam on top. Yumm.
I do look forward to when we can make homemade bread again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, I now need to make that braid. What a thing to show a pregnant lady. :)

    ReplyDelete