Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Musical Elements

A long time ago, I blogged about a new game Nichole created. Hiccup Sticks. For her birthday this year, Nichole created a new game based on Avatar: The Last Airbender. It is called Musical Elements. She made up all the rules herself and I'll admit, it was pretty fun.
It's kind of like Musical Chairs. We printed and put Con-Tact Paper on the element symbols. Then we set those on the ground around a chair.
When the music starts (or a designated person sings or makes music- in this case, Nichole, as she was the birthday girl), you go around the chair walking on the elements.


When the music stops, you see where you are. Nichole will explain the rest:

When we go on water, we get freezed in ice.


And when we're on fire, we get blasted.


And when we're on earth, we get bonked from Toph's earthbending.

And when we're on air, we get airbended to the chair so we can win.

Kristin again. I do love to see my children's creativity. Time and time again they amaze me. I sure love my family.

1 comment: