Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day 2011

Ah, the 4th of July, when my sore throat becomes worse due to all the irritants in the air- someone's BBQ, the fireworks, neighbors smoking. Happy Holiday? :Heh. "Bah Humbug!"
Now if I wasn't sick, I probably would enjoy this Independence Day. Jeremy introduced the kids to those little Pop It things. You know those things- I don't know the official name of them- but you throw them down and they make a little bang. And they only cost about a buck. We used to get them at the dollar store when I was a kid, too. Now those do not irritate my throat.

And our kids were so good at cleaning the little papers up afterward.

Then they drew on the sidewalk with chalk (also not irritating to my throat).

How did you spend this year's holiday? Sick? Not sick?

2 comments:

  1. Ah the little poppers . . . the perfect firework. Cheap, not too loud and not so dangerous. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also spent the holiday sick. :p We did a little shopping for our up-coming camping trip, then grilled burgers for dinner and chilled. :)
    Love you cuz!

    ReplyDelete