Saturday, July 16, 2011

KAT's Kreation- Flower Clips

Nichole has been asking for flower clips for her hair for months and months, ever since a friend gave her one. I finally got around to making some for her birthday. They were really easy, once I finally found the supplies I was looking for. And they took less time to make than it took me to write this blog post.


This is what I did.

Supplies:


Hair clips with openings in at least the top
Silk flowers (I got an assortment from doodlebug design inc. at the craft store)
Brads, a.k.a. paper fasteners

Instructions:

Make a hole in the middle of a silk flower. Stick the brad through the hole. Stick the brad through the opening in the hair clip and open the brad.
Note: I used regular paper fasteners that you find at an office supply store. Unfortunately I couldn't find shorter than 1-inch at the store, so that's what I went with. I figure I can use them for plenty of other projects. You can use fancier brads from the craft store if you wish.

Since my paper fasteners were so long, I wrapped each side around the top of the clip but under the flower.

It worked out and Nichole was pleased.


3 comments:

  1. so pretty! is the purple still her favorite color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen them made this way. SO easy! I might have to make some more for my girls. Their bows are getting a little ratty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichole is still very much into purple, but she is very much into pink as well.
    I like easy. I have a lot of ambition, a huge list of projects I want to do, but not a lot of chance to do them.

    ReplyDelete