Saturday, April 23, 2011

Plug Your Nose, It'll Taste Better

When I was younger and a picky eater, my mom would tell me to plug my nose when I took a bite of something I didn't like, as we know that taste and smell are associated. I got through so many bites of what I now consider delicious food that way.
My kids have gotten into the habit of deciding that they don't like something without even trying it. Well, I tried the nose thing with my kids. It worked... for the most part. Nichole ate all the corn on her dinner plate.


After taking a few bites, Jr. insisted that Mmmm, he liked corn (yet he never did finish what was on his plate). He did try, and I'll be honest, he ate more than I expected when we began the meal.

They did enjoy having their pictures taken with their noses plugged and Jr. Jr. looking on.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Kristin, Jacob looks so much like you did when you were a baby. You had the big eyes like he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look at some of my baby pictures and compare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same thought as Dad every single picture I see of him. Do you think his hair will be darker than Nichole and Joshua?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. From the beginning. His hair never got as light as the other kids', and he never lost as much as it. We'll have to see if it gets curly like the others. Because everything else about his hair is different.

    ReplyDelete