Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bird Watcher

Remember when Google told me about Charlie Chaplin's 122nd birthday? Well, today Google let me know that it is the 226th birthday of John James Audubon (you know bird drawings, Audubon Society named after him).
Jr. must have heard his parents talking about it because he saw a bird out the window and told me he wanted to draw a picture of it.
So we put some paper on the easel and let him do his drawing of the bird.


Here's a photo of the bird from out our dirty window.


It's a good thing it happened this way, because originally I wanted to take the boys out bird watching so Jr. could do some drawing of birds we saw, but my mind changed once I saw it was snowing this morning.

2 comments:

  1. I took my group of cub scouts out bird watching and we didn't see ANY birds. The boys scared them all away, I think. But we did see a couple of nests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A group of boys, scaring away birds? :Nah, how could that be? ;)

    ReplyDelete