Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day

When I was younger, on May 1, I used to pick flowers on my way home from school to give to my mom. "Happy May Day," I would say. Since today is May Day and since it has been too long since the kids and I have done a craft together, I thought it would be really good if we did some sort of flower craft together. The kids liked that idea, too. So I went to familyfun.com and found a Mother's Day flower craft (I figured it would work for May Day, and we can keep it around for a week for me to enjoy on Mother's Day as well), and we did it together. And it was an easy one. The flowers were printable, Nichole colored the vase (Jr. colored one, too, but we haven't turned it into a vase yet), and both kids helped put the straws through the flowers.

And that is our other project in the background. Jr. and I made no bake cookies this afternoon.

So I hope you are all having a wonderful May Day, enjoying whatever flowers are around your area (even if they are made of paper).

No comments:

Post a Comment