Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Father-Son Activity?

Last week our ward had a father-son activity that Jeremy and Jr. were planning to go to. However, a show came up and Jeremy had to miss the activity in order to work. Luckily, Jr. is young enough that he didn't know what he missed. We hadn't talked about the father-son activity with him so didn't get him all excited about it.
Anyway, I thought that if Jeremy and Jr. didn't get to do something special that night (so Nichole and I didn't get to do something special while they were gone), both kids and I could do something. Unfortunately it was one of those days where I wasn't able to plan something special. So... I figured they could have a special treat after dinner. I could do that.

Jr. helped me. Since we were going to use bananas with our treat, he helpfully took the stickers off the bananas and put them on his face.

Then I put together the treat. Purple and Rainbow Ice Cream (otherwise known as Rainbow Sherbet), slices of banana, peanuts, and chocolate chips.

The kids enjoyed... most of it. They both refused to eat the banana slices. Sigh. So, I got some extra bananas in mine.

And yes. I'm the mom. I can load up my treat if I want. And my bowl was smaller to begin with.

2 comments:

  1. Mommies do get that special privilege! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy feels bad that he had to miss the father-son activity. He was really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete