Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday, looking through the ads for the grocery store, I saw that a lot of good things were on sale- a lot of good things to be used for Mexican food. So to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, we had food. Yum. And we had our friend, Nessa, over to eat with us. Yum.
Fortunately, I was able to get good ingredients for making good food yesterday. Unfortunately, I was up with Jr. late last night because he said his ear hurt. Poor little guy. Fortunately, Jeremy got up earlier than me and started making the food this morning so I could sleep in. Unfortunately, the kids weren't being so easy on Daddy so I got up anyway.
All in all we had good food and fun. While I was still making the food, Nessa went through some Spanish vocabulary words with the kids. Nessa also brought over a Wii game- Samba de Amigo, where you shake maracas. We had some fun shaking maracas for Cinco de Mayo.

Jr. didn't quite get the rhythm thing, but he was sure cute.

Nessa and I had some fun playing at the same time.
Nichole wasn't interested in playing the Wii game, but she loved dancing to the music. She can see her reflection in the glass doors of our entertainment center and loves dancing while looking at herself.
In case you're wondering, this is what we made- taco salad, salsa, cilantro lime dressing, refried beans, and spanish rice. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment