Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Memorable Advice


I’d like to know what kind of memorable advice people have been given at different points in their lives- when getting married, having children, going off to college, on missions, whatever.
For example, I will never forget that when we were expecting our first child, my mother-in-law told me (paraphrasing)- Don’t let Jeremy tell you otherwise, he knows how to change diapers.
What memorable advice have you been given? And remember please keep your comments Kristin-appropriate. That means G-rated, or at the most, PG.
And here's my advice for this weekend: Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Remember to count your blessings.

2 comments:

  1. don't cook bacon naked? Or is that PG-13?

    There are several things that stick out- A friend told me when I competed in pageants "You have to try so hard that you will have no doubts after all is said and done" That meant a lot. As for parenting, someone told me "remember that he doesn't have any of the answers, either. He's going through this with you for the first time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was expecting my first baby the most memorable advice was to remember that she is not just my daughter here on earth - but was and will be my sister in heaven. I am responsible for building her testimony to help her back - as my sister.

    ReplyDelete