Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple



Today we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. We didn't take any pictures of the outside of the temple since we didn't want to have to leave our camera in the car, but before we went, Jeremy and I gave each other haircuts, so I figured I'd post before and after pictures of mine.
I regretted not taking the kids to the Draper Temple open house while it was going on, so I felt it was a real blessing that there was another new temple in the same general area. Nichole is very interested in going to the temple, so I'm glad we got to take her when she could go inside. "Aunt Nessa" came with us. I was expecting Jr. to be a little bit of trouble as he is an almost two-year old boy. Nope. He was calm throughout. Nichole started out fine, but that changed when she saw the first elevator. All she wanted to do was ride the elevator, but we were walking on stairs today. And every time she saw an elevator, that's what she focused on. Sadly it made things a little difficult at times. At one point, Nichole and I slowed down for a bit while Jeremy and Jr. waited for us and Nessa went on ahead. Another time Nichole and I slowed down while Jeremy and Jr. went on ahead. So, by the end we were all separated from each other (don't worry, the kids were always with one of us).
When Nichole and I came out of the temple, Jeremy and Jr. were waiting for us, then turning to look in the direction of the refreshment tent, we saw... my cousin, Mikaela. She was helping out at the temple today. It was great to see her there. I'm so proud of my cousin and the choices she's making and the good example she's setting for her nieces and nephews who look up to her. Way to go, cuz.
All in all it was a good experience. I know that Nichole did enjoy it even if at times she was sad. There are certain things that made her happy, so we'll remember those.

1 comment:

  1. We get to go tomorrow and I'm hoping it will have a calming effect on our little Jax. Time will tell. I'm just excited to be there as a family and talk about the blessings of the temple!

    ReplyDelete