Friday, May 24, 2024

Mother's Day 2024

Jeremy asked me what I wanted for dinner for Mother's Day. I told him I didn't want to have to make decisions. I menu plan all the time. I didn't want to this time. 
Mother's Day morning I found that Jeremy and Lucky made me breakfast. Lucky made those origami hearts. Sweethearts.
Lucky had my phone during Sacrament Meeting so he could draw me this note (after the card he already made at the service activity a few days before). Sweetheart.
For dinner, Jeremy made Skillet Chicken Parmegiana, which I love, veggies on the side, and more colored flavored sugar water.
Ooh ooh, do you know what I just noticed? Skillet Chicken Parmigiana is apparently not an uncommon dish to make for Mother's Day. Jeremy made it for me in 2020. He also made it for me in 2013.
 
Jeremy and Lucky made colored flowers out of napkins for me. Sweethearts. 
I'm going to be honest. Sometimes Mother's Day is rough. I often feel inadequate even though I've been doing this parenting thing for many years. This year was fine. I think I got all my emotional-ness over with the week before. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment