Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Bridal Veil Falls Is Open!

You know one of my traditions I look forward to for six months. Bridal Veil Falls is closed from November 1-May 1. No stopping at the overlook. No driving on the road by the falls.
There's a good reason for that. Avalanche danger... as we see from last year when there actually was an avalanche and that area was closed much longer than May 1. See July 21, 2023 blog post.
When it does open up like normal, I like to go as close as I can to the beginning of May. I did this year.
Jet and I went on May Day, May 1st, and stopped at the overlook. I told Jet we were going to take a picture of the waterfall and he called out, "Smile, waterfatl," because "Smile" is what you say to someone when you're going to take their picture. 
Have I mentioned he's adorable?
And wiggly?

Another day, we drove the road and stopped down there to say Hi to the waterfatl from a different angle.
One of these times we will walk to the waterfall on the trail.
I love Bridal Veil Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment