Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Hogle Zoo

I'm pretty sure the last time we went to Hogle Zoo was when Jr. was little, before Jr. Jr. was born, before I had started this blog. I remember my in-laws taking us and yep... I just found pictures from that trip from 2009. This is going to be fun.
 
First of all, the lion drinking fountain. I remember coming to Utah to visit relatives when I was a kid and we all went to Hogle Zoo. One thing I remember was the lion drinking fountain... from when I was a kid. Obviously it's had some changes to it over the years (compare 2009 to 2022) but the lion drinking fountain is a thing that has been around for many years.


Next let's talk about the gorilla statue. I don't remember it from my childhood. I do remember it from when Jeremy and I were dating and when we were first married and when we had just one child. I'm not putting the effort into finding those pictures but it is tradition (from even before we were married) to get a family picture with the gorilla statue. So I have pictures again from 2009 and 2022 to compare.

 
We had a great time this trip seeing a lot of animals. And just because I can, here is a comparison picture of an elephant from 2009 and from 2022.
Jet had fun flapping his ears like the elephant.
 
We saw a gorilla taking a drink so Jet decided to take a drink at the same time.
 
Because we are Dino Dan/Dino Dan: Trek's Adventures/Dino Dana fans (it's an Amazon Prime Video thing. Look it up), when it was time to move on to a new area of the zoo, we would say, "And we're moving," because that's what Dan and Trek's grandma would say when they visited the zoo and later a reptile house with Dana. When they were at the reptile area, they talked about how the crocodiles were like Deinosuchus, so when we saw crocodiles at Hogle Zoo, I kept telling Jet about them being like Deinosuchus. You know that kid likes dinosaurs (and prehistoric reptiles).
  

It was a fun trip to the zoo. We didn't see everything because it was getting hotter and hotter (It's been a hot Summer) and we decided to go home after a while, but it was awesome.

And I'm so glad we were able to get our family picture with the gorilla statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment