Thursday, August 25, 2022

Snail Savers

August 24 was National Waffle Day. I was so busy that day. Shopping day! Not fun shopping, though. Grocery shopping. Plus kids had activities that evening so I wasn't able to make waffles in time. It ended up being kind of fend for yourself for dinner. Sigh. 
It rained, though (the day after Gene Kelly's birthday), which cooled things off because earlier it was pretty hot.
It rained enough that the snails came out. Snails are faster than you think. I told my family that I apologized in advance to the snails who were behind the van that I might squish them. When Jr. and Jr. Jr. heard that, they went on a rescue mission to move them out of the way.

By the time I had dropped them off and picked up Lucky from his activity, there were snails right in the path of the van in the driveway. Sigh. I told you snails are fast. I ended up parking back a bit in the driveway so I wouldn't crush any.
We like snails.

P.S. We ended up with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before bed. It was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment