Sunday, August 21, 2022

Not So Impromptu Date

We needed to get the windshield on our van replaced so Jeremy and I planned to go birding while it was getting done. Last time we went to get vehicle maintenance done we had a spontaneous date. This one was planned.
It was a beautiful morning. There was some rain so we had to hide the camera from time to time but we enjoyed ourselves.
West Mountain was looking pretty in the morning light. 
I thought it would be fun to get a picture of the two of us with it in the background. My phone didn't want to cooperate so I turned it around but then couldn't line it up because I couldn't see us. Who remembers taking selfies with cameras back when they weren't even called selfies and you just took what you could get because there was no screen showing what the camera was seeing? I also remember doing that with film cameras so we didn't even see how they turned out until the pictures were developed.
Speaking of cameras, I realized I could turn the screen around on our camera camera but I got the angle wrong so I didn't even get West Mountain in the picture, just the Saratoga Springs area across the lake. Ha.
Neverthless we did enjoy ourselves, even if there were a lot of mosquitoes out. That made for happy warblers, though, for us to watch.
At one point, I started getting all excited and checked my picture of my calendar on my phone. I was able to let Jeremy know we were celebrating because that day, August 20, was World Mosquito Day. I wondered what was so good about mosquitoes and Jeremy let me know they are pollinators. Oh. Well, there are pollinators I prefer, like honey bees. It was World Honey Bee Day as well. Interestingly, I don't think we got any mosquito bites even though we left the bug spray in the car. Heh.
Since we were by the lake, there were plenty of pelicans flying around. I love pelicans. At one point we watched a snowy egret land and managed to get a picture of the egret, a great blue heron, and some pelicans all in the same picture. That was fun.
Once the van was done, I dropped Jeremy off to pick it up then headed home to pick Nichole up to go to a Relief Society/Young Women combined activity. We had brunch and got to make some little flower arrangements to take home.
I didn't get a picture but later that day to celebrate World Honey Bee Day, we had honey glazed carrots with our dinner. 
It was a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment