Thursday, January 31, 2019

Mall Time with Mommy

Yesterday I wanted to get out, so Lucky and I went to the Provo Towne Centre mall to go up and down escalators, race coins down a hole, and play in the play area.
I pointed out different places in the mall and told him stories.  "Daddy used to work in a store that was in this spot."  "Daddy and Mommy used to make balloon animals on New Year's Eve on one of these bridges."  "I used to ride the bus here when I was in college to do some shopping."  And Lucky showed me the colored tiles he likes to dance on.
Good bonding time.

Today, January 31, is Backwards Day.  For breakfast we had spaghetti and salad (what we would normally have for dinner).

Lucky decided to wear his clothes backwards.  Jr. Jr. decided that for Backwards Day, he was going to wear his shirt frontwards since he often wears his shirts backwards.

Jr. wrote his name on his lunch backwards so you could read it the right way in the mirror.

While the kids were in school, Lucky and I took a trip to the Provo Library to explore.  It's been many years since I was a patron of that library.  I had more stories to tell Lucky (like yesterday's mall stories).  "This is where Nichole learned to crawl up and down steps when she was really little."
"Like this?"

At one point we were walking down a set of stairs when Lucky just stopped.  He told me, "I'm on an escalator."  Ha Ha Ha.  But it wasn't moving.

Ah, that's better.
After our library trip, we went to the mall again to play some more.

Later in the day, we had cereal for dinner (Backwards Day).

Nichole and I went to the Orem Library even later to pick up some books and for Nichole to fill out a goal sheet in the teen section about wanting to read 30 new books.  We picked out a few while we were there.

It was quite the Backwards Day.  Lucky was really cute walking backwards down the ramp from the parking lot to the library.  It was fun to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment