Monday, July 24, 2023

My Birthday

I keep telling you. Life has been chaos. I didn't even know if there would be time to celebrate my birthday in May this year. Jeremy asked, "If you were to get what you wanted for your birthday dinner, what would it be?" My answer? "Pizza with the works except anchovies." Jeremy made it happen. We made pizza crust early and Jeremy chopped up and prepared toppings and we had several pizzas to choose from for my birthday dinner. I love pizza.
Oh, and that morning, he made me an omelette. I love when he makes me omelettes. It's a bit of a family history thing I share with our kids. An omelette was the first food Jeremy ever made for me when we were getting to know each other. It was so good. His omelettes are still so good.

I got a little time for myself that day to listen to an audio book or read an ebook (I don't remember which) while waiting to pick kids up from a school activity.



I got plenty of love from my family that day and when I dropped kids off for youth activities that night, a friend of mine pulled several of the young women over and had them sing, "Happy Birthday," to me. I am loved.

It was a nice birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment