Thursday, July 20, 2023

Graduation

My beautiful, amazing, talented, (not so) little girl graduated from high school. I'm so proud of her and for all she accomplished. She worked really hard and did amazing things her high school career. She kept her grades up including with advanced classes. I already mentioned that she composed two pieces of music that the orchestras played and she conducted. She and Jr. both played in the orchestra at graduation.
When we got home that night, she got to open up presents. Art stuff, of course, and gummi bears. Then she went off like such a big kid to her senior grad night with all the other big kids.*Sniff.*
 
She has also kept up with her scripture study and gospel learning. She is such a good example to us. This is basically what I shared with her Young Women class about Nichole:
We've always said she is the best oldest child for our family. From the time she was little, when she helped, she would tell us, "I'm a heper."
She continues to help (with four younger brothers including one rambunctious three year old, we definitely need the help) and has always been a good example to her brothers and us.
One time when she was little, I was frustrated with her and didn't know what to do and told her so. "I just don't know what to do." She told me, "Then pray, Mom." You can imagine she got a big hug for that.
She continues to be a good example to us with her daily scripture study, has a strong testimony, and really is an asset in our gospel discussions at home.
I will miss her when she does off to college but am grateful she will always be a part of our family.

She graduated from seminary as well as high school and I'm happy to see her testimony grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment