Thursday, November 3, 2022

Dia de Muertos

I got to help Jeremy deliver balloon puppets for the Dia de Muertos celebration at Thanksgiving Point this year. He delivered balloon sugar skulls a couple days before. The puppets have become such a fun tradition. Kids/people can go around giving them high fives or waving at them. 

It was nice to see things before the crowds got there. There were dancers rehearsing. Such beautiful dancing. And though we only had a little bit of time (I had to get Jeremy to another gig that same day), it was still nice to see what we did see.

It's nice to see a culture that, though it may not be my own, I can respect and see the beauty in.

And of course the rest of the day, I had songs from the movie, Coco, running through my head.

At a later date, the high school also celebrated. Nichole and Jr. both got to perform with their combined orchestras, "Cielito Lindo," a familiar Mexican song.

Yet another day, Nichole's Yoga teacher asked the students to bring in pictures of loved ones who have passed on. Sweet. Nichole brought a picture of her great grandma who she remembers visiting in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment