Tuesday, November 18, 2014

William Tell Day 2014

For William Tell Day this year, November 18, the kids and I had apple juice (and some apple slices) with dinner.  I told them that there is a legend of William Tell shooting an apple off his son's head.  I don't know if it's true or not but that's the story. 
Nichole kept asking me questions about William Tell.  Did he have any daughters?  Did he have more sons?  There were more questions, but I can't remember what they were.  I had to keep telling her I didn't know the answers to her questions.

Man, I need to do some research so I can look like I actually know things.  My kids expect me to know things.  I'll have to do that with one of our upcoming celebrations.  Brush up on my facts about what we're celebrating.  I have done that in the past with some, but I wasn't prepared with this.  Except to tell the kids that he didn't shoot the apple with a gun, but with a crossbow.  That's what started the questions.

We also listened to the William Tell Overture while Lucky conducted the music. 
He's recently gotten into leading music while he sees people doing it at church.  It's so cute.  I took him to choir with me one day and he was walking around watching our choir director and waving his arms about.  So so cute.


After listening to the overture, the kids had me put on the Animaniacs song about the Presidents of the U.S. since it is sung to the tune of the William Tell Overture.
It was fun celebrating this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment