Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Something On a Stick Day 2024

Something on a Stick Day, March 28. It is a popular thing to have corn dogs on this day. I didn't want corn dogs. What I decided I did want was chicken kabobs. I haven't made kabobs in a while. 
My sweet most wonderful husband took some time the day before cutting up vegetables for me and... a pineapple. He didn't cut up vegetables for me and a pineapple. He cut up vegetables and a pineapple for me. Sweet husband.
Jet decided to be sweet and a helper in the kitchen again, this time to eat pineapple as Dad cut it up.
Everybody got to choose what they wanted on their skewers from just chicken to the works (chicken, pineapple, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes). Yum. The chicken was cut up and marinated in Yoshida's gourmet sauce that morning. Jr. Jr. helped hand me veggies and fruit while assembling the kabobs so I didn't have to keep washing my hands when I wanted to touch them after touching the raw meat.
Thanks, Jr. Jr. We put the kabobs in a 350 degree oven for about half an hour (give or take) then turned on the broiler for a few minutes at the end.
Simple. Easy. Yummy.
We also had petite pickles on toothpicks. Something on a stick. The boys had fun with that.
And Jr. Jr. and Lucky used the excuse of Something on a Stick to make more cookie candy flowers like they did for Valentine's Day, except this time they had cherry juju hearts that Jeremy found that I couldn't find before Valentine's Day. Thanks, boys. And Jeremy.
The kids were playing a video game. I saw that there was a unicorn so this exchange happened.
Mom: Hey, it's a unicorn. Its horn is like a stick.
Jr.: It's a horse on a stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment