Sunday, April 14, 2024

Eclipse Colander

In 2017, we drove to Idaho to see the total eclipse the day before school started.
Last October, we drove to Fillmore to see the annular eclipse on a Saturday.
There was another total eclipse Monday, April 8. But we would have had to travel to Texas or somewhere else like that along the path of totality (not a one day trip). I didn't want to take the kids out of school and Jeremy didn't want to miss work. Plus I was super busy with stuff. 
We did get part of the eclipse here but Jet destroyed all of our eclipse glasses from October so no way to look directly at the sun. While Jeremy and the kids were all gone, Jet and I did go outside for a little while.
It did get a little darker and my sister reminded me of the colander trick. Have the sun shine through a colander and you can see the crescent shadows. We saw those through the leaves last October. We don't have leaves yet on our trees here.
Anyway, I was able to get a few eclipse pictures because of the colander so that was fun. And we did have that neat experience in 2017 with the total eclipse and the ring of fire in 2023. We're good.

No comments:

Post a Comment