Thursday, January 20, 2022

Brew a Potion Day 2022

Wednesday, January 19, was Brew a Potion Day. We decided to do Family Home Evening that day since again we were so busy on Monday. Jr. Jr. was in charge of the treat so he wanted to make chocolate frogs. Then he and Lucky got really excited with the idea of making them the colors of poisonous frogs. I couldn't tell them No, not with that creativity.
I was a little concerned with the idea of them using food coloring on that particular holiday. See my blog post from January 19, 2013, to see why. I'm not actually superstitious and they did a good job making the chocolate frogs with the poisonous colors.
Jet did get a hold of the red food coloring while it was on the table. He is getting really good at getting things open. Luckily he only got a tiny bit on his hands and the floor... this time. Just Monday he found blue food coloring and got it on his hands and face. Talented kid.

When it was time to eat the frogs, there were some interesting things said.
Nichole: Pass me a paper towel and a frog.
Jr.: That's a scentence you don't hear everyday. "Pass me a paper towel and a frog."
The kids also got into a discussion about whether to eat the head or the feet first. If you eat the feet first, it can't run away. Potions call for eye of newt and toe of frog. Maybe you eat the head and leave the toes. This is not the first time we've had a discussion about what part of a chocolate animal to eat first. Remember those chocolate bunnies from my blog post on April 10, 2012?
Apparently Jr. Jr. and Lucky made a good choice in coloring these frogs they way they did. Lots of fun conversation.
Jr.: The legs are red and the body is blue and it's filled with a sort of whiteyish goo.

I did something else to celebrate Brew a Potion Day as well. I made instant pot caramel apple cider from Six Sisters' Stuff.

January 19 was also National Popcorn Day (the kids had some) and Jeremy informed me that it was Whisper "I Love You" Day. I hadn't heard of that one. He informed me right after he whispered, "I love you," to me. Then Jr. Jr. came up and whispered in my ear, "I love you, my precious." What is he? Gollum? And I'm the one ring?
We had some fun. And I'll have to remember Whisper "I Love You" Day for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment