Thursday, May 7, 2020

Watching Jets with Jet

Last Thursday, the U.S. Airforce did a F-35 jet flyover across the state (North to South and back up). They did it as a "salute to all the frontline COVID19 responders, as well as everyone out there working to flatten the curve."
We knew the approximate time they were supposed to fly over our area so I had the kids take a break from school and went out on the front lawn with me to wait... and wait... and wait. I was worried that somehow we'd missed it and was checking my phone to read what other people in our neighborhood were saying about it on Facebook when I heard the jets coming. I pointed out the direction they were coming from then tried to go back to the camera setting on my phone. The jets were passing so closely but so quickly, I panicked and couldn't figure out how to work the camera which resulted in me not getting the pictures I would have liked.
Oh well. The kids and I did have fun playing outside, taking pictures of the baby. It was still cool watching jets with Jet.

No comments:

Post a Comment