Sunday, March 4, 2018

National Dance the Waltz Day 2018

March 4 is National Dance the Waltz Day so grab a friend and do some waltzing.
1-2-3. 1-2-3. 1-2-3. 1-2-3.
While you're at it, watch my newest YouTube video of a couple of 4-year olds dancing the waltz.

The story behind this video:  Lucky and I watched a short tutorial about the basic waltz step.  I told him the most important thing is that it goes 1-2-3 1-2-3.  I made some music box music to go along with our waltz.  We practiced a few times to the music then got together with ZZ.  We told her the same thing.  The most important thing for a couple of 4-year olds to remember is that it goes 1-2-3 1-2-3.  They remembered that part (4-year olds are good at counting) even if it wasn't exactly to the music.  It was more exciting for them to see the music player that was playing the waltzing music so they just kept looking at that while shuffling around the floor.  Kids are fun.
ZZ and Lucky will be making more videos together so check back on my YouTube channel as well as here at my blog to see how a couple of 4-year olds...

No comments:

Post a Comment