Saturday, January 6, 2018

Happy Birding to You

So far this year either Jeremy or I have been out birding every day.  Of course yesterday, January 5, was National Bird Day so we had to go birding.  Jeremy and I both went out along with Lucky.  We saw some neat things.
We also ran into some other birders.  One birder we know directed us to where we were able to find a new bird I'd never seen before.  The pictures I took weren't that great, but I was happy to get a new life bird.

Yesterday evening Jeremy made rice crispy birds to celebrate the holiday.
The boys played my birding card game that I got for my birthday last year.

We weren't going to go birding today but right after we got home from a Primary "getting to know you" breakfast this morning (we got to wear pajamas), a fellow birder called us to let us know of a bird we'd been looking for.  We were able to make it in time to see this bird.  Hooray!
I love this birding community we're part of.  So many great people with this shared interest in birds and who are so willing to help each other find what we're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment