Wednesday, October 1, 2014

World Vegetarian Day 2014

October 1st is World Vegetarian Day.  I assured the children that eating vegetarian doesn't mean eating vegetarians.  It just means the food has no meat in it.
I think Nichole's look says it all.
Although Jr.'s is pretty good, too.
I knew it was going to be a busy day today so I planned ahead.  I found a beans and rice recipe to put in the slow cooker so we didn't have to eat meat on World Vegetarian Day.  I wanted to use some of those beans and canned tomatoes from the pantry and I wanted to leave some of that chicken in the freezer.
Jeremy and I enjoyed it.  They boys ate some, too.  And Nichole tried some.  You would think she'd be more enthusiastic about helping celebrate the holiday.
Oh well.  At least Jr. looks enthusiastic in that first picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment