Thursday, August 1, 2013

KAT's Kreation- gecko earrings

Years ago, I made a lot of beaded jewelry- bracelets, earrings, etc.  As you can imagine, with little kids, I don't do nearly as much with those tiny beads now. 
One of my favorite pairs of earrings I made was a pair of geckos that I still wear often.

For Nichole's birthday this year, I wanted to make her a pair of gecko earrings in colors she liked.  Since she doesn't have pierced ears, I found some clip-on earring attachments at a Jo-Ann store so she could wear them on her ears like me.

She was very happy with the result  Unfortunately, her ears are not used to having things clipped on them, so she can't wear them for very long at a time.  She does like them, though and I'm happy for that.


2 comments:

  1. This is Chris-You can adjust the tension on them fairly easily with just a pair of pliers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your earrings. It is so cool to make a pair for Nichole.

    ReplyDelete