Friday, July 26, 2013

Water Party!

Question:  What do you get when you take a bunch of Primary kids and throw them a Summer water party?

Answer:  You get wet. You get very very wet.

We recently had a water party for the kids in our Primary and it was so fun.  I helped with a couple games.  One was me holding mason jars while kids tried to squirt water guns into them.  Some of the kids intentionally missed.  Another game was throwing wet sponge balls through rings to/at a friend (usually me) on the other side.
I got soaked.  Seriously, I think I had one dry spot on each side of me.  My back and front were saturated.  You can see in the picture, my shirt and shorts are usually lighter colored than they are here.  Nichole was more interested in her popsicle than smiling for the picture.  Great treat after a party like that.
The instructions for the sponge balls came from the website that used to be for FamilyFun Magazine.  Instead of using 5 strips, I used 3 strips from 3 sponges, though (I still cut them into 5 strips, I just used 3 from each).  They worked fine like that.  The rings I cut from cardboard then wrapped duct tape around them.  I taped the two rings together (different kids have different heights) and taped them to the pole from the volleyball net where we were having our water party.
Later on I helped fill water balloons and since I was already wet enough, I just sat down in the puddle of water by the spigot. 
On a hot day like that was, I kept pretty cool by staying wet.  Thanks, kids.


1 comment: