Monday, July 22, 2013

I Did It Again!

When Jr. was 2 years old, he drew on his face with a sparkly pen.  I was so proud of myself for not losing my temper.  I don't always lose my temper (though I admit sometimes I do), but the kids don't always do things (when I don't lose my temper) that are blogworthy.
This morning, my current 2 year old did something that I'm proud to say I didn't lose my temper over.  We were cleaning off the kitchen table and there were some containers of poster paint to put away.  I put them back in the package they came in and figured I'd just set the package on my bed while I was working on other things and put them away in the closet later.  Off I went to do other things. 
At one point I saw Jeremy in the living room with the older two kids, but I didn't see Jr. Jr.  I checked in his room; he wasn't there.  I checked back in the living room; he wasn't there.  Hmmm, maybe he was in my room.  Why yes, he was.  The talented kid was able to get the paint containers out of the package, open them, and do some finger painting on our bed sheet and mattress and box spring, besides dripping paint on whatever was lying on the floor at the time.
I called on Jeremy for help and as he was leading Jr. Jr. to the bathroom to get his hands cleaned off, he reminded me to grab the camera.
So, here you go:

Even though we didn't lose our temper, Jr. Jr. was still upset when he had to get cleaned up.

Well, we still have a long day of cleaning ahead of us, so if you'll excuse me...


4 comments:

  1. I don't think the box spring is completely cleanable. Jeremy has been working on it. He says we may have to turn it around so that part is to the wall.
    We'll have to see about the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....wow. congratulations on not losing your temper! I'm not sure I could have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.K. Most of what got paint on it is a lost cause. I've been putting stain remover on and washing stuff all day. Oh well. Jr. Jr. will be wearing paint stained pajamas and Jeremy and I will be sleeping on paint stained sheets. It's not the end of the world. And it's not like what he did to Nichole's doll's hair with scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I am completely impressed that you didn't lose your temper. Way to go SuperMom!

    ReplyDelete