Saturday, August 25, 2012

What I Did Today

Before

During

Getting There

After

After After

Nichole and Jr. decided since I cleaned their room and they didn't help very much, they would let me take a break and make dinner for me. 

While the water was heating up, they provided some dancing entertainment for me, as well.  So cute.

They made soup and didn't want me to get a recipe out for them to use.  They would put healthy stuff in it, which meant a lot of seasonings (although they did take my suggestion of putting some vegetables and ham in there), but mostly salty seasonings. 
It was a little too seasoned for our liking.  I did set a good example, and ate my whole bowl (if only the kids would do that with my well seasoned dishes).  I didn't make the kids eat theirs. 
Jr. Jr. woke up from a nap right before we ate, but he would not touch the soup.  So he had yogurt.  Then the rest of us had yogurt, too.

The kids' room still has a lot of work to do with reorganizing certain parts of it, but at least the floor is cleaned up.  I was grouchy most of the day with the kids, but they sure cheered me up with their volunteering to make dinner.  They are really good kids, we just all have some organizational things to work on.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. You are my inspiration! I need to do that with certain rooms of our apartment, but I just keep putting it off. I'm so glad your kids wanted to give you a break and entertain you. :) You are an awesome mom, and I hope to be like you some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. That is such a sweet compliment, Brianna. Thank you so much. I really really really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete