Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Amelia Earhart's Birthday Challenge

For Amelia Earhart's Birthday coming up on Tuesday, July 24, I want to give you a challenge.


Have a paper airplane contest.  Simple, right?  Or is it?
Make it as simple or as complex as you want.  Try out different designs of airplane or just one.  Have one race to see which plane goes the farthest or have a tournament.  Try different kinds of games.  See whose plane flies the fastest.  See whose plane flies the highest.  Give special recognition for paper airplanes created by one person or by a team.  What's the simplest but most efficient paper airplane you can make?  Can you put decorations on your paper airplane and still have it fly?  Get creative (or not), but mainly, just have fun.

I want to hear about your paper airplane contests.  Let me know how they turn out?  I plan to do a follow up blog post about this (unless nobody does anything, then I'll just feel embarrassed that I brought this up in the first place, and you don't want to do that to me, do you?).  If you blog about your paper airplane contest, let me know if I can link to your post from my blog.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment