Monday, January 9, 2012

January Holidays Coming Up

January is full of reasons to celebrate, so I thought I'd mention some of them that are coming up and how we've celebrated them in the past.

January 23 this year is Chinese New Year. We've done simple celebrating in the past as well as more elaborate, and we already have some of our plans for this year's celebrations.
You can find what we did for Chinese New Year 2010 in my blog post for February 15, 2010. That day was also Valentine's Day so I blogged about it there as well.
I blogged about Chinese New Year 2011 on my blog post for February 3, 2011.
Currently we are in the Year of the Rabbit, but soon we will be in the Year of the Dragon. Woohoo.

Penguin Awareness Day is coming up on January 20. We haven't celebrated that holiday specifically in the past (we have plans for this year), but as I was going through the blog from years past, I found this cute penguin Nichole did at school (blogged about it January 27, 2011). It's done with simple shapes.

And even if you're not looking for a specific day to celebrate, January is a great winter month. Find a way to celebrate Winter. Nichole and Jr. recently drew and decorated snowmen with paper, pens, and whatever craft supplies Mom would let them use. Creativity. I love it.


Nichole's finished snowman


Jr.'s finished snowman


What reasons to celebrate are you looking forward to the rest of January or how have you celebrated so far this month?

2 comments:

  1. we're doing a penguin week at mommy school. if you'd like I can send you what we're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin says:
    Oh so fun. Yeah. Please.

    ReplyDelete