Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pop Goes the Weasel Day 2011

Long time no write. We've had a crazy few weeks. A lot of stresses and a lot of blessings and some of the stresses leading to blessings. There are a lot of things I won't talk about here as this is a public blog, but I have been getting a lot written in my journal lately.

I will talk about our day today.
We've been doing some activities from The Friend magazine lately and Nichole decided to do a "Faith in God Challenge" from the Bulletin Board section of the June 2011 issue. It was a "Serving Others" activity- planning a picnic. She decided on a menu- peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (just peanut butter for her and Jr.), grapes, carrots, chips, and grape juice, and decided where it would be held- at the "kite flying park." She and I picked up some supplies from the grocery store. She made the sandwiches (Jr. made his) and packed the picnic basket.


Then today for Family Home Midday, we had our picnic.


And of course the kids did some kite flying.


When we got home, we had Family Home Midday treat, chocolate covered frozen bananas, an idea from my sister in-law-in-law's blog.


And since today is Pop Goes the Weasel Day, the kids and I made up our own Pop Goes the Weasel game to play.

It's great to find reasons and ways to celebrate.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no- sorry things are so stressful! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help- even from long distance. As of now, we're planning on coming down for Nessa's Provo reception. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you that weekend in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the blessings are on their way to becoming more abundant than the stresses.

    That is such a darling thing that Nichole did. Looks like she did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, finally a new blog entry. I've been checking constantly to see when we'd get more. And the pictures are always great to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, chocolate covered frozen bananas sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are yummy. There was one left over in the freezer and Jeremy said I could have it. I just have to find a time when the kids aren't looking and the baby isn't as clingy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin--I am always inspired to be more fun every time I read your blog. Good luck with whatever trials your family is going through!

    ReplyDelete