Monday, October 4, 2010

Pregnancy Brain

O.K. A lot of us have gone through this before, but I have really gotten to that point now. Call it what you will. I call it "pregnancy brain."

The other day, I went out to deliver something to a little boy from my Sunbeam class. I had the address of 295 so I was driving along looking for it. I pulled over and saw one address 240 and the house right next to it had the address 298. I couldn't for the life of me find 295 so I went home. I told this to my husband who said to me, "and then you figured out to look on the other side of the street, right?" Even on one side, odd on the other? Oh brother. Of course that did not occur to me. Pregnancy brain.

I went out again and easily found the right house. Sigh.



Oh and to go along with my pregnancy brain, I'm finally getting my puffy pregnancy feet. Just barely. I was thinking maybe my feet won't actually get swollen this time, but alas there they go.


Well, it's a good excuse to put my feet up.

6 comments:

  1. I call it pregnancy brain too, and its no fun! Your feet look about how mine did, until I delivered, then it got worse! Hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment my feet are back to normal. Different at different times. That's good, though. I remember with Nichole my feet getting really swollen after I was home from the hospital. It just took putting them up for a while. That helps in this case, too, before the delivery. It's nice to know it's not something for my midwives or me to worry about. My feet did get swollen from time to time with my other pregnancies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, pregnancy brain. Can I still claim it when I do silly things and my youngest is 8 months old?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My feet were twice their normal size with Trace (as was the rest of me but that's another story!) But it appears I got it all out with him because I haven't had them since! Here's hoping you have a smooth delivery and a happy healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, your poor feet. Yowza.

    THe pregnancy brain still hasn't gone away. Fortunately, most people understand when I say "Sorry.. sleep deprivation."

    ReplyDelete
  6. After the baby's born it's called "Mom-heimer's!"

    ReplyDelete