Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Minnie Mouse Skirt

O.K. Long story short- My daughter decided months ago that she wanted to be Minnie Mouse for Halloween. That's great. My good friend, Trina, was willing to teach me how to not be intimidated by the sewing machine. She patiently showed me how to make a pillowcase, then she patiently showed me how to sew a skirt.





So... I now have a Minnie Mouse skirt for Nichole's Halloween costume. However now I need to sew a shirt/top to go with it. Trina moved away (we miss their family) and I really appreciated her teaching me while she was here. Now I'm asking anyone for advice on how I should sew a Minnie Mouse top for Nichole's costume. Please. Any free patterns anybody knows about, or just how to sew a general shirt. I am very much a beginner so... any help would be appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could help but I haven't sewn anything in over 10 years and never was much good at it anyway. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing a Minnie Mouse costume for Halloween, too! I'd love to have you over and help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could go classic minnie and just have her wear a black turtleneck? like this...

    http://www.jeffpidgeon.com/uploaded_images/eveningledger-minnie-764467.jpg

    ReplyDelete