Saturday, June 5, 2021

A May Weekend

Still working on catching up. Let me tell you about one of the last weekends in May.
 
Friday, May 21, the elementary school had their dance festival outside. It rained just a little. Jet and I went to watch. He's not used to going places where he has to be still so some of my videos of the boys are a bit shaky with me trying to keep Jet with me. Overall he did a pretty good job, though. Yay for snacks! The boys also did a good job with their dances.


That day was also Pizza Party Day. We had individual pizzas like we had last year for that holiday.
We were also going to have a balloon quad party to help Jeremy with a balloon arch, but Jr. ended up putting together all the quads himself which was a big help. Thanks, Jr.
Even though Jeremy had so much going on, he brought me home some flowers. Aww. He's a sweetie.

Saturday, May 22, Nichole and Jr. went with Jeremy to finish putting together and setting up the balloon arch.

Jeremy also helped out at the Create fair at Thanksgiving Point that day. It's like the maker fair he did before.
The kids and I waited for a delivery and while we were outside, we got out my unicycle and Jr. had some fun trying it out. It's been so many years but I did a little, too. 


That evening, I went to help Jeremy take the arch down, leaving the kids to make "mystery meat" pizza muffins since it was Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday and he wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories. There were several different kinds of meat and I told the kids to put different meats in different muffins so nobody would know what they were eating until they bit into them.
May 22 was also Maritime Day so we had orange jello with "navel" oranges in it. Get it? Get it? Jr.'s idea. It was also Vanilla Pudding Day so we had vanilla pudding. 
And it was Solitaire Day. It would have been fun to go out birding looking for solitaires (yes, they are birds) but we didn't. But Jr. Jr. and Lucky did play some solitaire that day (just not together- tee hee).
 
Lucky wanted to learn how to make chicken cordon bleu casserole so Sunday, May 23, he learned. He did a good job following the recipe and putting ingredients in. He had a little help with mixing from Mom because when you have a big bowlful of stuff, it can sometimes be hard. I am glad my kids are interested in learning cooking skills that will be a big help for them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment