Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Winter Signs

One day when Nichole didn't have school at the school building, Jeremy, Jet, Nichole, and I went out to Mt Timpanogos Park to look for a bird. We didn't find that particular bird but we saw other things. There was a squirrel standing upright on a rock for an awful long time. Nichole was able to get pictures of a Downy woodpecker that landed in a tree close by.

We walked one direction through the park then walked back along the Provo River Parkway. When we got to the bridge that crosses to Canyon View Park, Jeremy pointed out the sign next to it.
Jeremy: You can tell they put this sign up in the Winter.
Kristin: Canyon View Park. Brrrr.
Kristin: And they were too cold to put the rest of the Rs on it.

Later, as we continued walking along the trail, we came to another bridge with a sign.
Kristin: Timpanogos Park. Brrr.
Jeremy: I'm telling you, it gets really cold here in the Winter.

After that, it became a "thing" to find other "Winter" signs. There are quite a few of them that can be found along/near the Provo River Parkway, but only in the canyon. I made a point to look for them as I made my trek along the trail.
I had to go back to get pictures from the first part of the trail since I had already walked it before this experience and didn't know to look for the signs.

When Jet and I were waiting for Jeremy to pick us up after our walk from Bridal Veil Falls to Canyon Glen Park (see previous post), we walked around the park. We crossed a couple of bridges that had "Winter" signs. One sign said "Canyon Glen Park Lower. Brrr." The other said "Canyon Glen Park Middle. Brrr." We walked all over the park but I just couldn't find an "Upper" sign. It wasn't until the next section of the Parkway when my suspicions were confirmed. "Canyon Glen Park Upper. Brrr" was above the park as part of the trail itself. I had left the trail where it first connected with the park (it connected in a few different places) so I missed the sign the first time.



Note: Since we went looking for Winter signs, a fire started that went into Provo Canyon and burned a lot of area in there. So please enjoy the pictures on my blog from before the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment