Monday, November 16, 2020

After the Fire

I mentioned before that there was a fire that went up into Provo Canyon and burned a lot of area in there. It lasted for a few days.
It started above the cemetery in Orem and went up over the ridge into the canyon. Fire crews worked really hard and protected a lot of homes. The fire didn't go down as far as any of the parks in the canyon and didn't go up the canyon as far as Bridal Veil Falls (or Nunn's Park rather as it stayed on that side of the road). 

A couple weeks after the fire was over, Jet and I went for a drive into the canyon to see how things looked.
These pictures were taken from Mt Timpanogos Park.

I drove up Squaw Peak Road to get a look across the canyon.
Mt Timpanogos Park is the green area with buildings at the bottom of this picture.

 
As I was taking pictures, I did get distracted by a rough-legged hawk and some dark-eyed juncos but I still got pictures of the burnt area.

Here is a panorama to get another idea of the damage it did in the canyon.

I also got pictures of the other side of the hill closer to where it started. Even if it wasn't as big an area as in the canyon, a good amount was still burned. 

There are a couple more pictures of this side from a distance on my blog post about "Walking the Provo River Parkway."

No comments:

Post a Comment