Friday, February 21, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020

February 14 was Valentine's Day again this year.
My sweetheart, Jeremy, brought me breakfast in bed. I love him.
For dinner, I attempted to make heart-shaped chocolate chip pancakes. After I finally got one that looked like a heart, I gave up and made regular shaped pancakes. The kids didn't complain about the shape.

Lucky shared candy with everyone. The week before at school, Jr. Jr. and Lucky received candy-grams, a sucker on a card from Mom and Dad. They liked that.

February 14 was also Organ Donor Day, since we're talking about hearts. I talked to my kids about a good friend of mine from high school who had cystic fibrosis. Wonderful girl. We did theatre together. She could juggle better than me in high school. As an adult, she was blessed with new lungs because someone was an organ donor. She lived to be in her thirties, had a good life, a good husband, cats, she knitted, and did a lot of wonderful things for others. When she finally did pass away, it happened in such a way that some of her organs were able to be used for others. I will always remember my friend with fondness and recognize her as a very loving person (which is appropriate for Valentine's Day). Thank you, friend, for your amazing life and example.

No comments:

Post a Comment