Sunday, December 15, 2019

This Week's Service to Light the World

Having a cold throws everything off. Having a baby does the same. And having a baby with a cold...
So let's catch up a little, shall we? #LightTheWorld. Some ideas based on the calendar for this week:

December 10-  "Cheer someone on! Make plans to attend an event (holiday, athletic, cultural, etc.) to support someone you know."
I was not able to do this for obvious reasons. However, I gave someone the opportunity to serve in this manner. That night, Nichole and Jr. had orchestra concerts. Jeremy was working so he was not able to go. Some nice people in our ward were willing to take Nichole and Jr. and my camera and video their performances since neither Jeremy nor I were able. Very nice. Thank you again for serving our family that way.

December 11-  "Call your parents right now and tell them how much you love them."
I have been so good at this in years past. This year? I knew it was on the calendar. I was expecting it. I was going to do it. The day came and I didn't even look at the calendar. Sigh. Like I said- sick and baby throws everything off. My parents know I love them and I call at other times to let them know.

December 14- "Plan a one-on-one activity with a friend, a child, or a loved one."
While Jeremy and the rest of the kids were at the ward Christmas party
Jet and I had some tummy time together. Sweet baby.


A couple things of note about the ward party:
Nichole was invited to participate in a little group of stringed instruments playing Christmas music. 
While Jeremy was taking a video of her group, Jr. followed the younger two boys around while they made crafts and sat on Santa's lap. Thank you, Nichole and Jr. for your service.
After the ward party, nice people brought me food from it since I wasn't able to go. And that took care of dinner tonight. Hooray!

A lot of people have been doing service for us lately and I feel very blessed. Thank you, all. I feel loved. Remember, your service matters and it is appreciated.
Mosiah 2:17 "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

No comments:

Post a Comment