Sunday, August 27, 2017

What We Did With the Dinosaurs

We got one final use of Jr.'s National Parks Pass before it expires.  We went to Dinosaur National Monument in Utah and Colorado.  The dinosaurs are on the Utah side and the scenic views are on the Colorado side.  This was the first trip to Colorado for most of the family.
We had thunder, lightning, rain, and just beautiful skies for our trip.
The rain helped wash off most of the bugs from our Montana trip.  That was nice.
After we took a shuttle to the dinosaur quarry, Lucky kept telling me how it was his first time going to a dinosaur quarry.  He was excited.  It was neat. 

 I actually let the kids do a goofy picture.

Look, Ma.  No hands.
 
 It was beautiful driving on the Colorado side.  Such great views.

At one point, we stopped at a viewpoint and I jumped out of the van to run down a trail to take pictures while Jeremy took care of the kids in the van.  I was listening to the thunder while taking pictures.  It was wonderful.  From my point, I could hear the thunder start over on one side of me and I listened as it rumbled along echoing in the canyon all the way to the other side of me.  Love it.
It was a beautiful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment