Saturday, November 9, 2013

Overheard in Primary

We had some fun in Primary last week.  I told my friend I would share some quotes we heard in Sharing Time.  Some of them are paraphrased.
The theme was "I am thankful for my body, and I know that it is a temple."

Our Primary President talked to the kids about having temples be clean and not dirty and one of the kids shared this thought.
Boy:  I think I know what the dirty temple is.  Satan's temple.

We were talking about being grateful for different things our bodies could do.  One boy mentioned having strong muscles to help people, my son mentioned being able to climb across the monkey bars.  The same boy from the first quote had something to share about that.
Boy:  One time I was playing on the monkey bars and I fell down and broke my arm... and I like to run.
Primary President:  Your arm healed.
Boy:  Yeah, because I drink lots of milk.

Here is another thing that was overheard toward the end.
Girl:  I didn't get to draw on my body.
Primary President:  Yes, you did, honey.
Taken out of context, it sounds pretty funny, but there is an explanation.
The children traced an outline of one child in each class then wrote things they were grateful for on those outlines.  One girl must not have been with her class during that part.

Here is another one that just sounds bad taken out of context.
Primary President:  You want to keep your ears on, otherwise it would be a bloody mess.
I think she was trying to get the kids to pay attention and asked them to give her their ears, which got some kids being silly talking about taking their ears off.

And at the end of it all, I had been giggling and talking to another presidency member through all of Primary.
Me:  I'm as bad as the kids today.

I love Primary.  I think I'll try to be extra reverent this week to make up for last week.  I'll let someone else write down the quotes as I am doing Sharing Time this week anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment