Friday, June 2, 2023

Celebrating Other Than Holidays in March

There were opportunities to support and cheer on family members in March.
Lucky had a 3rd grade concert at school and he did a great job.
 
The elementary school had a read-a-thon that was Harry Potter themed. The students tried to read the most minutes possible. Jr. Jr.'s "house" got the most minutes of the school and won the "house cup."
Lucky got one of the highest amounts of minutes in his grade.
Jeremy, Jet, and I went to school with Jr. Jr. and Lucky one morning for "Parents and Pastries" to listen to a storyteller and have breakfast.


Lucky participated in Battle of the Books. His team made it to the final battles and got second place overall. He got his first trophy! He also got a book for being in the finals. For reading all 20 books, he got a box of candy and another book. And earlier, all the students who participated got a box of candy. 
I know he worked hard on this and it paid off. I got to go to four of his five original battles and Jet and I went to his final battle.

I was going to support Nichole by going to see her get an outstanding student award at school but I ended up sick that day so I couldn't go. She was understanding. She is such a sweet girl. Her orchestra teacher nominated her and had this to say, that she "has been a consistent example of hard work, dedication, and quiet service through her three years at Orem High. She notices things that need to be done and goes about making a difference without any request or expectation of acknowledgement." Way to go, Nichole.

The kids supported me a few times by coming on drives with me. The boys were content if they got to bring devices. Nichole and I got to chat. One day she and Jet and I went for a walk while the boys hung out in the van.


Another day we drove into Provo Canyon and were able to see where avalanches were.
That second picture is Bridal Veil Falls. There was an avalanche back in January. This picture was taken while driving by in March. I'll talk more about it and share more pictures when I catch up on May. Stay tuned... for a while. Let's just say it's now June and the road down by Bridal Veil Falls is still closed (it usually opens the beginning of May).

Jeremy got me a present. The kids wanted me to open it so Lucky tried to hurry me through eating my food so I would open it sooner. 
It was a comfy hoodie. Jeremy has a matching one but in a different color (and size). They are so comfortable.
 
March was busy and chaos and exhausting. But we made it through. Go, Telfords!

No comments:

Post a Comment