Friday, May 28, 2021

Muffin Night

Muffin Night is becoming more frequent. We recently had a Mix-In Muffin night. We made Mix-In Muffins way back in 2012 for April General Conference. That was before our nachos tradition started.

This Muffin Night I didn't feel like making a bunch of different kinds of muffins. I was still tired from running around earlier in the day. 

Jet was helping me do dishes earlier and when he decided to be done, he went into the living room and climbed into his car seat. That was my cue that it was time to go out. So he and I made the drive to Bridal Veil Falls. I love Bridal Veil Falls. Maybe you know that. I pushed him around in the stroller then when it was time to go he was upset that I wouldn't let him run around. Yeah, I didn't want him running into the river. So we drove to a park where he could run around. He had fun. He found a pine cone "ball" and threw that around a little but also enjoyed pushing the stroller and crawling around on the ground. We had fun.

So that evening we had Mix-In Muffins. The idea came from the March 2012 Friend Magazine. I just got out a whole bunch of things you could put in muffins and let everyone put in what they wanted. There were both sweet and savory choices. The most unique combination? Jr. Jr. had a pepperoni and marshmallow muffin.

So that was our Muffin Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment