Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Catching Up- Supporting Family and Friends

Wow.  It's been five months.  I guess it's about time I started catching up.  That and it's Summertime and there's so much going on, I don't want to be soooooo far behind again. So here is a blog post I started back in February.  Let's see what was happening then:

Wow.  We've had a busy few days.  Lots going on.  Here's some of it:
I helped Jeremy build and deliver Booster the Rocket, the mascot of Imagine Learning in Provo.  Lucky helped as well. While Lucky and I were bringing things into the building, my phone rang.  It was one of my boys at school worried about something and wondering if I could check on him at school.
While I was on the phone I heard someone call my name.  It was a friend who worked there. I always look for her when we go there and I was glad to see her there this time. She ran up and gave me a quick hug while I had the phone up to my ear in one hand and the other arm was full of balloons and gear. I appreciated the hug even if I couldn't hug her back very well or even talk to her.
My poor boy on the phone was worried about something and wanted me to come and see if I thought he needed to be picked up or if he could handle staying at school for the rest of the school day.  The wonderful lady in the office was able to explain things on the phone and help me to know that he should be able to make it through the rest of the school day (by the time I was able to check on him, it would have been almost the end of the school day anyway and Jeremy would be stuck until I could come back to get him since he couldn't leave until Booster was completely set up).
My son was fine the rest of the school day and when I checked him after he got home from school he was fine, too.  It's a good thing because after setting up Booster, we went straight to Nichole's school, and made it just on time to watch her and another student play a duet. I'm so glad we didn't miss it.  It was lovely.
The next day, in keeping with busyness and supporting family and friends, I got a chance to have some quiet time at the Provo Library.  I had some books to pick up so I spent a couple hours writing while I was there.  Thank you, Jeremy and Lucky.  I needed that.
After school the boys had parent-teacher conferences. Awesome kids. Their teachers agree.
Then Jeremy and I had a little date.  We headed down to BYU to support our friend, Nathan Williams. He had a reception for his thesis art show that night. Wow. It was nice to talk with him about his work.  And he certainly put a lot of work into this.
On the way back from the reception, Jeremy dropped me off at our church building where there was a Relief Society activity about food and food preparation and food storage and all sorts of food related things.  And there was food to eat.  Yumm.

There.  I did it. Done. Now to write new posts about what's been going on the last five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment