Friday, December 15, 2023

Orem Reads: Frankenstein

I decided to do something for myself again in October... all month long. My family was good to support me in it.
I participated in Orem Reads. This year the theme was based on the book, "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley. I got a free copy of the book, read it, participated in several library events and other activities for it, and earned my way to the finale.
The kickoff event was a one woman production of "Mary's Monster," about the life of Mary Shelley and her inspiration for the book. Jeremy was able to go to that with me.
 
I took time to be creative with my reading (and shared about it on Instagram).
I even celebrated some holidays with it. October 6 was Mad Hatter Day and National Noodle Day.

They had two events of Orem Reads: Chat and Snack and I was able to go to both. Basically bring a snack to share and have a discussion about Frankenstein. I loved it.

This is what I wrote about Orem Reads in an Instagram post:
I enjoyed participating in Orem Reads this month reading Frankenstein. The events and book discussions I went to were great. It was nice to get together with other people who love books.
The Finale tonight was a book tasting. We spent five minutes at each table getting to know a genre and seeing samples of books in that genre. 11 tables. 11 genres. There were also snacks and fun decorations. 
I want to give a shout-out to Amy Sorensen and other staff members of Orem Public Library. A lot was put into this throughout the month and that effort is appreciated. Thank you, Amy. From the kickoff to the finale, it turned out great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment